Some highlights of the year:
- I finished the first and second draft of Maybe Baby
- I published my novella Choose Me in August
- Choose Me was on Amazon’s Top 50 Bestsellers List for Women’s Fiction for a little over a month
- Participating in the Matera brainstorming sessions and going to the Women’s Fiction Festival
- Finally meeting fellow author Karen Siplin while in NYC
- I published Snowbound in November
- I finished edits and rewrites of Maybe Baby in late November
Some low points:
- The company I work for is in the middle of restructuring and, for a while, I wasn’t sure I would even still have a job
- Having to deal with family drama that is worthy of an epic novel (yeah, one day I will write about it)
- Not finishing Nanowrimo for the first time in three years
- Writer’s block hitting me in October and not letting go until mid-December
- Finding out another novel is using the same cover image I used for A Little Night Music (ugh!)
I hope 2014 will be an even better year. I have several things I want to publish–Maybe Baby , A Little Night Music, Playing House and a couple of short stories or novelettes in the Maybe Baby “universe”. Other things planned for 2014? Going to London for the London Author Fair, more brainstorming in Matera, maybe a trip to the US for a book festival. Mostly, I want this year to be a good writing year. I doubt the family drama situation will change; I guess I’ll have accept it as fodder for more books.
One thing I am definitely going to do in 2014 is treat myself to a weeklong writer’s retreat. There are two I am considering. One in France and one in the UK. Both sound amazing. I think I’m going to start taking yoga classes again. I could think through characters and plots while trying to hold yoga stances. And it felt great afterwards–that warm, languidness you get after a great yoga class.
So that’s it for me. Happy New Year, everyone! Thanks so much for sharing my self-publishing adventure and supporting me through your kind words and enjoying my writing. I hope you all have a wonderful 2014!
What have you got planned for 2014? 🙂